IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM HFI
PLEASE DON'T SKIP OVER THIS. READ AND ACTION THIS STATEMENT FROM HFI BELOW:
- The amount of issues we have come across since the last weekly update directly relating to player/spectator behaviour is unacceptable.
- I request that each Club send out communications to their Community to set a clear message on what is/isn’t acceptable behaviour. The fact that we have unruly spectators at all given the clear COVID Safe guidelines is complicit in itself.
- We have had abandoned games, parents fighting, player misconduct. Please there needs to be zero tolerance and we all need to send the same message.
- Feedback from Clubs identify that whilst the majority are following guidelines we still have 2 main protagonists when it comes to COVID Safe
- Seniors – Players are remaining after their games to socialise, even after the Ground Officials have asked them to move on
- Spectators – 1 parent per junior player, none for Senior games
- Given the frequency and volume of feedback I’ve received on lack of compliance I will be raising this issue at the next Hills Football Board Meeting to discuss penalties for players/teams/clubs. We are so close to getting through what I hope is to be the most difficult season we will all experience, it would be a shame to allow the few to ruin it for the many.
Hills Football Inc