Kookaburra Track Ted Horwood Reserve
Dear Baulko Members,
I am writing to alert you to the fact that our Ted Horwood Reserve working party’s application for the NSW Government’s ‘My Community Project’ grant scheme has been shortlisted for the public vote in the Baulkham Hills electorate.
We have proposed a pathway and lighting upgrade to create an integrated walking track for the Ted Horwood Reserve precinct, which we’ve called the Kookaburra Track. This project will have the threefold benefit of activating and making the reserve more accessible to the general public, making the walking path more safe for sporting club members using it of a night time, and contributing to the health and wellbeing of local citizens
Only 1 or 2 of the 11 projects listed in the Baulkham Hills electorate will be successful in receiving funding; it relies solely on the public vote. For this reason, we’re asking you to consider spreading among your sporting club and other networks the opportunity to vote for our project. You must live in the electorate to vote for the project. Voting is open from July 15 – August 15 and is done through your Service NSW online account or in person at a Service NSW Centre.
Search for the Baulkham Hills electorate and familiarise yourself with the projects at this link https://mycommunityproject.service.nsw.gov.au/projects that’d be great!
And feel free to begin spreading the news in any ways you see fit – any vote we can get is one we don’t currently have!
How to Vote.
Firslty, FOLLOW THIS LINK to the Service NSW Portal
1. Select your electorate (Please Select Baulkham Hills)
2. Log in or create a MyServiceNSW Account
3. Verify your identity
You will need:
- To live in NSW.
- To be at least 16 years or over.
- Your Medicare card, which will verify your name and age.
- To tell us your NSW residential address so we can identify your electorate.
The verification process is carried out by Service NSW.
4. Shortlist your favourite projects
To shortlist your favourite projects:
- Go to Browse projects.
- Click on a project to read about it in detail.
- We encourage you to vote for the Kookaburra Track project number 1. You can then choose your other preferences
5. Arrange your top 3 to 5 projects
When you have at least 3 projects in your shortlist:
- Go to ‘My shortlist’.
- Arrange between 3 and 5 of your favourite projects in order of preference.
- Your preferred projects will be given points:
- 1st preference – 10 points – Kookaburra Track
- 2nd preference – 5 points – Your Choice
- 3rd preference – 3 points – Your Choice
- 4th preference – 2 points – Your Choice
- 5th preference – 1 point- Your Choice