Over 35s/45s Cup Day
A half-day pre-season tournament with teams made up of O35 and O45 teams at Baulkham Hills.
- When: Saturday 4th March, 3pm to 9pm.
- Where: Ted Horwood Fields 4 & 5.
- Format: There will be a mixture of small-sided and full-sided matches during the day, culminating in finals in the evening.
Each 35s/45s team in the club is invited to attend. Please RSVP by Sunday 26th February to email@example.com,au.
If your team cannot field a full side (N.B. you only really need 7 players in order to enter your team), then please let us know and we'll merge your available players into "super" sides made up of players from multiple teams. Last year saw the successful formation of the "35 Ladies Super Star" team who did very well on the day, culminating in an exciting penalty shootout.
To be Determined.
- All games to be of 20 minute duration, no half-time.
- 3 points for a win
- 1 point for a draw
- Small sided games to be 7 a side, with goalkeeper and offside rule
- Countback Rules for deciding places after round robin phase if Competition Points are equal:
- Superior For - Against
- Superior For
- Toss of Coin
- Drawn semis and finals to be decided by full penalty shootout. (mainly because they're fun to watch).
Why are we doing this?
- It’s fun and a good opportunity to mix with O35/45 players across the club.
- Provides us all with some much needed football on a weekend on which trials are not being held.
Why is it on Saturday night?
Last year's event was great fun, but also very hot and sunny as we held it in the middle of the day on a Sunday. So this year we have managed to secure Ted Horwood for Saturday afternoon/night to allow us to avoid the worst of the sun.
Will the matches be covered by Insurance?
- Yes, the entire tournament will be run as a registered trial, and so will be covered by insurance
- We will have a BBQ at the ground and will be selling sausage sandwiches. We might ask some people to help out at the BBQ during the day.